Sunday, December 11, 2011

Award




I have been extremely lucky the past week and have won another award "The Versatile Blogger" from the gorgeous EZ from Life....Style'n.  Please visit her blog you will enjoy her wonderful and creative posts.

The award requires me to share 7 things about Christmas with you!

Here goes!

"Love Cake"

This is a traditional Sri Lankan cake that my beautiful Dad  (he is Sri Lankan) every Christmas and if I am lucky I get one for my birthday.  He has just informed me last Wednesday night when he was over for dinner,  that it is about time you made it my darling as I am getting too old and you need to practice.  I don't know about him getting too old but I am going to give it ago with his help.  It is a very long process to create this magical cake!


Presents!

Wrapping presents, I absolutely love wrapping presents!  Mum always got me to wrap her presents for her!

Decorations!

Buying decorations, there is not a year that goes by that I don't buy a few decorations for the house or tree.
I bought this gorgeous snowflake on the left of the picture from "Have you met Miss Jones", for Mia's teacher.

Christmas Markets - Frankfurt!

The Christmas Markets in Frankfurt, we visited 5 years ago.  Absolutely magical, my children loved them and of course so did I.


Santa and the Myer Windows

Visiting Santa with Mia, my nieces and my sister.  It brings back so many happy memories of when I was a child.


Going to Kmart with my children to get 3 gift tags off the Wishing tree. We then go shopping and they choose gifts to go under the Wishing Tree.  
I remember when I was young we would always visit my Nana on Christmas Day.  She lived about an hour away from us.  We would have to go through Melbourne City to get to her.  The number of homeless people I would see on Christmas Day would sadden me and has never left me.  I am so very thankful.  I have a roof over my and my children's head.

My family!

I have saved the best for last, I absolutely love spending Christmas with my family they bring me all the joy and happiness I could ever wish for!


The next part of the award is for me to pass it on to four more bloggers!

1.  Linda from - Oeke Design Blog
3. Loulou - Here I am Loulou
4. Kylie - Stylish Settings

Enjoy today and all the Christmas Cheer!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award Mimi - love your 7 facts, and that cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Mimi, what a great week you are having. Well done. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats again Mimi !!! Love your seven things about Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mimi
    Thank you so much for your sharing - oh yes please I will order one of those cakes from you :)

    We did the wishing tree last year at Kmart and I only thought about that on the weekend that we have to do that again.

    Thank you for the award - I have a fe of these and I need to post this week a multi all together :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mimi, your dad's cake looks delicious. A Sri Lankan woman at work makes this cake too but I never realised it was a tradtional Sri Lankan recipe (she never mentioned that!). Well done for receiving another award :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post ~ there is just so much to love about christmas!!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the award.
    Just ordered some pj's for my daughter for Christmas. Can't wait to get them!
    Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post Mimi, congrats on the award :)

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely. Love Germany, oh i want to go back to Munich, such a fabulous place. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award! I love your beautiful snowflake decoration and completely with you on wrapping presents - I love it! Those markets in Frankfurt look amazing; I hope I can visit them one day too xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so lovely to pass this award onto me .. thankyou. Now I best come up with 7 things too (-:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mimi Thankyou so much for the award you are very kind, it's means alot. Have a beautiful day xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christmas is approaching again, and these decorations mean a lot to remind the holiday. Cheers for the post.

    retaining walls quincy IL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I love hearing from you!