Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Lights



Christmas Lights at Bowers Road South, Everton Hills


My favourite!


 Family and friends!



Dorrington Drive, Ashgrove

Last night was a wonderful evening, my sister, a friend and I took our children to see some Christmas lights.  We went to Bowers Road South, Everton Hills first.  Oh my goodness I shrieked with delight when we entered the street, I could not believe this one house which I think would be set on a acre or two of land, had come to life, it was truly spectacular.  The children were really excited, there is so much to see and as Mia said "it is a fairy land of lights".  If you are hungry they even have a sausage sizzle.  We then went to Maundrell Tce, Aspley, there is a church that is spectacular as well, we did not get out of the car as it was getting late and we wanted to go to Dorrington Drive, Ashgrove, another spectacular display of lights.  

I asked my sister "what does this remind you of", she replied Ivanhoe in Melbourne.  When we were young Mum and Dad would take us to this one particular street in Ivanhoe a suburb in Melbourne and all the houses would have gorgeous lights and decorations.  A wonderful cherished memory we will always have.

If you are into Christmas lights, I highly recommend you go!

Thank you for all your beautiful, thoughtful comments over the past few weeks, it really means so much to me!

Happy Wednesday to you!  xxx


15 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me about Everton Hills, Mimi! We haven't had a chance to get out and look at lights yet, hopefully over the weekend!!

    M
    xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Miss Mimi

    Oh thank you for the tip off - we will try to go and see them in all the hectic pace here. I will have to try to find the address for you at tingalpa I saw last year - is was amazing and so worth it.

    I can't believe the talent of some people and the big picture they see to decorate so beautifully.

    Have a wonderful day,

    loulou, from hereiamloulou blog

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! the last photo is especially amazing! thanks for your lovely comments on my blog : )
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks amazing - but I'm not sure I like seeing people enjoying themselves in shorts !!! It just doesn't seem fair ! from the very chilly UK x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - the lights are beautiful. Some people really get into it don't they? I remember the street in Ivanhoe when I grew up in Melbourne. I wonder if they still do it? There was always footage at the end of the news. My next door neighbour has a good display. My piddly 6 solar lights don't really match up. Must make more effort next year.
    Kylie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mimi, Congrats on passing, knew you would !!!. Have you started your assignment yet ???. The lights look great we normally go to the one at Everton Hills too and there are a few great ones out our way as well, that won 2nd and 3rd in the 4KQ lights comp. We actually did the Christmas light thing last night too, the kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dad used to take us to the street in Ivanhoe too Mimi! How fun are the Christmas lights?!

    Abbey x

    ReplyDelete
  8. We want customers to look at your jewelry and see what it will look like when they wear it out of the store. LED strip light jewelry display lighting can make this a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look amazing! My hubby's family has a friendly rivalary going on with their street with who can come up with the best decorations for their houses - such a bit of fun at this time of year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning images! So festive! Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mimi it is so exciting to see such festive beauty in one place!!

    I wanted to let you know that the Holiday Giveaway of the Star Cross Antique Bottle from Greyfreth is live on my site!

    Please Come & Enter!

    xoxo

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  12. We haven't done our drive around Brisbane yet. I haven't been to the ones at Ashgrove before so thanks for telling me about them!

    Have a great weekend.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Reclining Commode Wheelchair

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I love hearing from you!