Saturday, March 5, 2011

From this to THIS!

Mum's couch (from this)


I remember when I was about eight years old my Mum and Dad bought the above lounge suite.  The original fabric was a woven fabric in oranges and browns, many years later Mum got it  recovered in another woven brown fabric and when Mia was a baby she recovered it in the above fabric (I never really liked it).  Mum just loved it and it fitted into her new home.  This lounge has been part of my life for a very long time.  When Mum passed away I said to my sister I just can't part with it so I now have had it recovered in Velvet and it sits in my study.    It is lovely to have something that meant so much to Mum with me.




to this!

Excuse the terrible photography!

Enjoy your weekend!

Mimi xxx
P.S. My husband just walked in a saw the picture of Mia and said "oh how he misses our children being little"  (so do I)

2 comments:

  1. My parents & my husband's parents STILL have the family lounges from our childhood, reupholstered to well, 1980s glory. So nice to see the black version & happy memories of your mummy with you. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love the Black Velvet. It looks really good. And what a Sweet Story behind it.
    Thank you for the birthday wishes on my blog.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments, I love hearing from you!